Centralized Program Management Improves Participation and Accountability
A major U.S. airline, the world's largest low-cost carrier, fosters a unique team culture of gratitude and aligns their recognition programs to their purpose, vision, values, and mission by encouraging and rewarding behavior and performance. With numerous recognition and incentive programs in place, they needed one platform for all employee engagement activities that used a common currency, and a framework that would create consistency, equity and track participation.
Inspirus customized a platform for the airline that allowed them to centralize all recognition and incentive programs into one tool, using a points-based system. The program gave teammates the freedom to redeem their points for rewards meaningful to them. Guest passes, dozens of gift cards, thousands of merchandise items, or tickets to concerts and events were a few of the choices available in their rewards mall.
Since launching the recognition platform, the organization have seen many positive changes, including:
- More than 95% of all employees have opted-in to participate in the program
- The number of programs within the recognition program increased from 15 to 36 in two years
- Opportunities for peer-to-peer recognition expanded dramatically with the introduction of an online tool, accessible 24/7
- Monthly and quarterly dashboards gave internal departmental leaders the ability to monitor participation in recognition programs, hold leaders accountable for promoting a culture of recognition in their locations, and encourage friendly competition among peers
- In one year, employees earned more than 1 billion points and were able to turn their points into something meaningful to them
- Of the points deposited to employees, 73% have been redeemed