Formalizing Recognition Program Strengthens Employee Engagement and Retention Rates
ATCC has been a leader in the scientific community for over 100 years. With a workforce of 620 hybrid (onsite and remote) employees, their turnover rate was higher than the industry average, resulting in budget-busting recruiting and training costs.
Our strategic recommendations included:
- formalizing their ad-hoc recognition programs
- centralizing programs into one platform for ease of administration, adoption and usage
- using feedback tools to give employees a voice
- streamlining communication tools to connect employees to news and each other
- conducting quarterly Manager Roundtables to discuss strategy and vision, share top of mind concerns and more.
ATCC launched Connects on Employee Appreciation Day, March 4, 2022. 1/3 of employees registered on day one, and today, 83% of employees are registered and actively using the platform. Retention was increased by 10% in one year, reducing recruiting and training costs.